Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A simple text message


I got quite an unexpected text message this evening when taking a stroll through the Sunset around 7pm. I looked at my phone and I got a text from Michelle, whom I internally refer to as "Yohana's Candian Doppelganger."
I haven't seen her since my recent trip to Toronto over July 4th weekend. I met her originally on a trip Toronto in early January of 2010 with Antony, Albert and Brian. Michelle and I were like magnets. She sat down at our table and we shared a pitcher of beer. Her personality was so engaging that we could talk forever. We fed off of each other. She has her own lingo ("isms" if you will) that works just for her. (e.g. "It's off the chain.")
The text:
Will, it's Michelle -just out for dinner with the crew and we were talking about how rad u are! Happy wednesday!
I mean, who takes the time to send a text message like that? I couldn't help but smile. I nearly cried. Simple moments like that are what I treasure. To only think we've met twice in person and have a connection like this is quite incredible.
<3
Michelle and I during Toronto Pride 2010. She made me some lovely virgin Sangria!

No comments: