Wednesday, August 18, 2010

All You Can Jet: My Future Travel Buffet

Yesterday, JetBlue announced they would be doing "AYCJ" (All You Can Jet) for a second year in a row. Presumably, it's to get our attention off of the Steven Slater flight attendant scandal. Nice PR attention switcher there, JetBlue.

They have two different flavors this year, the AYCJ7 ($699), which is good 7 days a week, or AYCJ5 ($499), which is good 5 days a week, excluding flights on Friday and Sunday. It's essentially unlimited travel to anywhere Jet Blue flies domestically with taxes/fees included from Sept. 7th, 2010 to Oct. 6th, 2010.

I went with the AYCJ7 for $699. I'm actually still shocked I committed to this.

Why Did I Get It?

Well, I'll actually be going to NYC, one destination JetBlue flies, for work from Sept. 7th to Sept. 17th. I can presumably get a portion of this comped by work. I have to go to LA on the 18th for a relatives 85th birthday. Then I plan on taking some time off to relax and roam around the country. So basically, I already had plans to travel but didn't book quite yet.

I've still yet to decide where I'll be on my birthday (Thursday Sept. 23rd) and Birthday Weekend (Sept. 24th to 26th). Now I've never been a birthday celebrator, but friends have been amazing at surprising me the past two years (and I cried both times). I'm not really counting on anything, as I never really have, so I may just be solo.

What Am I Going To Do With It?

Well, the first part of the month will be for work. But presumably, I could have dinner in a nearby East Coast city close to NYC just to check it out.

After that, it's up in the air. I have > 20 vacation days. I think this could be really fun!

During the next week, I'll research where JetBlue flies. Part of me really wants to see Seattle, Austin, New Orleans, Boston & parts of Florida. I also wouldn't mind visiting friends in DC or Chicago. I also would love to check out random ass places as well. :)

I could potentially visit other places that aren't domestic (Costa Rica, Columbia, Mexico, etc), but I would have to pay the taxes and fees.

If you have any itinerary ideas, please shoot them at me!

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: