Thursday, August 05, 2010

Random Bits from Today: Christmas in August, Meeting the Canary Girls & Nice Surprises

Christmas in August

I woke up this morning and arrived at work. I usually enter through the cafe doors and grab some breakfast. To my surprise, there were Christmas decorations all around. Trees, Snowmen, Santas, Tons of Red and Green decor, you name it! At first I was like, WTF, but I couldn't help but smile. It's weird because we've usually stayed neutral when it comes to Religious Holidays. I guess Santa on a the Beach isn't super religious.

They also had Christmas themed items for lunch like Turkey, Ham, Stuffing and Egg Nog, etc.

IMAG0050.jpg     IMAG0049.jpg

The Canary Girls

Canary Marketing is a company based out of Danville, CA that specializes in the creation of company swag. When I first started out at Google, I would often be the "Ra Ra" (Yay team spirit!) guy who'd order stuff like track jackets for team events or offsites. I developed an (email) relationship with Adrienne G., who was always awesome with hooking it up with new types of swag.

Anywho, I'd never met Adrienne in person before. But I heard from my coworker in HR, Megan, that Adrienne was stopping by for a meeting today. I went down and said hello and she was super awesome Super fun! I'm so glad I got to meet her in person after all of these years. She left me with a cool water bottle and a little Canary Flower, as pictured below. How sweet.

IMAG0051.jpg

Sweet Surprises

I got into work this morning and there were snacks from the microkitchen at my desk. A bag of 100 calorie Kettle Chips and a small bag of M&M's. (BTW, I love them both. Well, I stay away from M&M's, but they're lovely.) At first I was confused. Who could have left that? Did they know I had a bad day yesterday and wanted to make me smile? With that seemingly small gesture, I couldn't help but smile.

I ran into my old teammate Kat during lunch and she mentioned that she was on my side of the building today. I had mentioned there were some random snacks on my desk. She was like "Oh... Michael and I had a meeting today on your side of the building. He left you those."

I pinged Michael just to say Hi and told him how sweet of a gesture that was. I like him a lot. He's such a genuine guy.

Anywho, here is the evidence:

IMAG0052.jpg

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: