Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Din din with Jon Jon

I've been having dinner with my friend Jon Jon more frequently because I enjoy his company. Not that I haven't previously, but I'm making more of an effort cause he's an awesome guy. More Jon Jon time is a good thing.

Yesterday, we celebrated the good news of him getting a new gig at DNA Games. He previously worked at YesVideo for a 5 year run. He's now moving to a job that fosters his true passion in creativity. Go Jon Jon! :D

Do you know the even BETTER news? He's gonna be my work neighbor. Yes, he's only a couple of buildings down from me in San Bruno. He, along with Eric To, work right near me at YouTube. More outside of work lunches slash guest lunch visitors! Weee. So excited. :)

Jon Jon and I usually meet somewhere in between San Bruno and San Jose when we have dinner. This time we conquered Palo Alto, on the last episode, we conquered Castro St. in Downtown Mountain View. Since he'd been baking cupcakes (his cupcake interpretation of Philz Mint Mojito Coffee) up a storm this weekend, he wanted something lighter. So we went for Sprout Cafe, on the southern part of University Avenue. I'd been twice before -- both on uncrowded off-peak weekend hours. This time, it was a super crowded weeknight with lots of strollers and students. Sprout is like an upscale Pluto's --- except with better ingredients, selection, presentation and atmosphere.

I ordered the Asian Chicken Noodle Soup and the Steak Sandwich. I wasn't feelin' salad for dinner as I usually get it for lunch. Jon Jon got the Summer Rolls with chicken and a salad with seared tuna. We also shared their guacamole. (which was HELLA bomb, actually maybe borderline magical)

We concluded the evening with a stroll around Downtown PA and some tart Fro Yo (which melted quickly) at Fraiche. I ran into my co-worker Stef, who also works in HR. We sat in the courtyard and continued to talk. Jon Jon later went his "productivity party" with Mark. I like the idea of "Productivity Parties" because it's essentially how I studied in college. You go to a cafe, squat in a corner with several friends and crank out work. You don't really socialize but it's the mere presence of being around those you love. I should do that more. :) Neil used to tell me about these "parties" as well.

Anywho, I took a few photos while at Sprout Cafe (via my cameraphone)...

ASIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP From Sprout Cafe Palo Alto
GUACAMOLE From Sprout Cafe Palo Alto
STEAK SANDWICH From Sprout Cafe Palo Alto
SUMMER ROLLS From Sprout Cafe Palo Alto

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: