Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sunday in SF: From Dolores Park to Parking Tickets

Sunday was my 3rd day in a row in San Francisco. I honestly can't believe i spent all three days in the city. That's unheard of for a suburbia boy such as myself.

Anyways, Sunday was very fun.
  • Chilled with Norm and some of his buddies at Dolores Park. Such a beautiful view of the city skyline. I also find it interesting how the park is segmented socially. The gay guys in one area, the families in the other, etc.
Dolores Park Skyline
  • I managed to get a parking ticket while parking on Guerrero St. It was for parking over 18 inches from the curb. That's just a fancy way of saying I parked in the street. I just saw that everyone else was and I thought it was cool. Learned my $35 lesson. *Sigh*
  • We then decided to Salsa dance to a live band at El Rio in the Mission District. It's a mixed crowd, so that was nice. I really liked the band, although I don't really know how to dance to Salsa. I interpreted it in my own fashion. :P
Sunday At El Rio
  • After dancing, we grabbed some grub nearby at Papalote, a fine not-quite-hole-in-the-wall Mexican establishment. They have quite possibly the BEST salsa I've ever tasted. I'm being totally serious. Great food there.
  • Norm, Patrick, John & I decided to head to Badlands to end the night by dancing to some trashy music videos. Quite honestly, I miss seeing Tommy as the bouncer. I heard he was let go. Such a cool guy. Norm knew the door guy, so that's cool. Oh, and Rudy, who I met a few weeks back at Dragon, came up to me and said hello. I didn't remember his name, but I remembered the face.
Will & Norm Badlands Fun

No comments: