Sunday, June 10, 2007

So Cal Post 1: The Abbey & Buddah Lounge (Sat. June 2, 2007)

As many of you know, I made a kinda last minute trip to So Cal last weekend (June 2 to 5). I made it home around 6pm after leaving the Silicon Valley via car around 1pm.

I convinced Kenny to go out to West Hollywood on Saturday night (after about 30 minutes of begging... lol). I haven't seen him in forever. We've never actually hung out on a weekend night before because he's never in Nor Cal on a weekend. But we've hung out plenty of times in Nor Cal on weeknights. We met at the Abbey and grabbed some coffee. Neither of us drank, but we caught up with some convo.

Later in the evening, Simeon and Paul came and met us. I've met Simeon a few times before but this was the first time I've met Paul. So far I haven't met a friend of a friend I haven't liked. After chilling at the Abbey, we made our way to the revitalized Buddah Lounge LA at Ultra Suede. Apparently it was the poppin' gaysian club back in the 90's and early 2000's. After 5 or so years of being away, it's back. It's basically a 21+ version of GAMeBoi on a Saturday night. I had a great time there.

Kenny bounced a bit early. Simeon left around 2am. I stayed and talked with Paul for a bit. Then he was kind enough to drop me off to my car which was parked way down Santa Monica Blvd. I liked the white Apple logo on his Honda Accord. I knew we would get along. Haha. Paul was kinda excited to see Madonna's choreographer at Buddah Lounge. He was a bit star struck. Lol.
Buddah Lounge LA - June 2, 2007

No comments: