Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why I (Still) Love Working For Google: It loves the LGBTQ Community!

Sometimes you need those small reminders to keep you in check as to why you love something or someone.

Having been at Google for nearly 5 years (in January 2011!), I love how supportive Google employees and its founders/executive staff are toward LGBTQ causes. Small touches such as:

  • An employee resource group (Gayglers, Gaytubers) and discussing them during Noogler (New Googler) orientation
  • Sponsoring local organizations, tables at LGBTQ events
  • The founders donating huge amounts against Prop 8
  • Sponsoring Pride Floats in Local Pride Parades
  • Teaming up with orgs like HRC, GLAAD, etc.

Well, the Gayglers finally have a YouTube Channel Up @ BetterInTech. They've created the following video for the "It Gets Better Project."

I'll be adding one of my own to the mix, soon enough. Everyone has a story to tell, including me.

P.S. - My roomie already created one:

 

Eddie, Ty, Alan & Will | From SF Pride 2008 - Sunday Parade

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: