Sunday, October 17, 2010

International Track: N-Dubz, "Best Behaviour"

I first heard of N-Dubz back in 2009 when I went to Europe with Milo, Jordan and Thomas. When in London, we crashed with Luke and Jasper.

One of my FAVORITE things we did we just sorta chill and absorb some of the local culture. What better way to do it than by watching some music videos on the telly?

I remember this one tune called "Wouldn't You" came on by this group called N-Dubz. I mean, the group and the thugginess is kinda laughable. I mean really? Are those chains necessary? But the tune was incredible. Slower-paced and influenced by the local Indian culture, the track popped. There is this one moment in the song that is distinctly British in tone. It's when the lead rapper says "Shut Up." It always makes me giggle.

So they have a new tune that was just released called "Best Behaviour." It's pretty good. Also slower in pace, the tune feels like it could be on American radio. With little to tell this is a British tune, other than the extra "u" in "Behaviour." :P Lyrically, it's also pretty catchy.

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: