Tuesday, October 05, 2010

AYCJ Observation #4: It's The Simple Pleasures

I've been traveling for a week via JetBlue's All You Can Jet (AYCJ) Program and what I'm starting to realize is that it's the simple moments that stick out in my memory the most. Running into college friends I haven't seen in 5 years and catching up on the fly. Tasting Rick Bayless' food in a food court. Staring at the blue skies of the Midwest. Getting Thai Food with Nobel. A hug from Devon. A conversation with Joe on his bed. Brunch with Jason x2 and Brian at Jane discussing Slow Cooking. Grocery Shopping in Chinatown with Jason. A Starbucks Coffee Break with Mo & Elizabeth discussing boys and dating. Watching football with Charlie and Elizabeth. Sipping a nice glass of wine with Charlie. Sipping tea with Elizabeth. Seeing Cobblestone Streets. Trying a cinnamon apple tart fro yo that made me realize it's fall! Watching the leaves change colors. Tasting Muesli for the first time since Europe. Discovering a Coconut Green Tea from Harney and Sons that was the bomb. Oh, and maybe that facial in Chicago.

It was never anything touristy, elaborate or complicated. It was simply seeing people I love, catching up and noticing the small stuff around me.

At first, I was going to visit a bunch of places I've never seen. Then I slowly realized what I really wanted was to see was the people I love the most.

I'll save seeing new places with the people I love.

Discovering a new Coconut flavored Organic Green Tea from Harney and Sons. Delish.

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: