Sunday, October 17, 2010

This is your life. Go Live it.

I'm not gonna lie. In the last two years, especially post living in Ann Arbor, I lost myself. Friends (well, one in particular) were kind enough to call me out on my shit but I became defensive and instead didn't do much about it.

Well, today is a new day and I move forward. I'll do my due diligence and look upon the past to see how I got to where I am, but I'll be very much forward-thinking. I've got a lot of optimism going on right now. I don't have all the pieces figured out (but when do I ever?), but it's exciting to see what will happen next.

I talked with Yonius on Friday since he was in town. We talked about careers for a bit. I often read his blog, which is simple and to the point. He posted this amazing manifesto. I need to figure out how to frame it and get it up in my room. It's like every little piece of good advice all wrapped up on one page. It'll serve as a constant reminder to be me and go live my life. I'm in the process of regaining independence after I started to use people as crutches.

I'm ready to bring back Will, Circa 2008, and move him into 2011.

THE MANIFESTO

 

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: