Saturday, August 02, 2008

Vancouver Afternoon 1

I arrived in Vancouver 20 minutes early, around 7:45am. The flight was super easy. I got on board, put my iPod on and closed my eyes. I do remember getting water at one point, too. Seriously, It was as if the flight felt like a half an hour. I guess I passed out because the next thing I knew we were making our descent and about to land.

I got to YVR and it was super pretty inside! Loads of natural scenery, water and wood. I went through customs. I love it when they ask you why you're there. I was gonna say, 'Pride Baby!' but instead went with 'For pleasure.'

I texted Matt, my Van buddy, but I kept on getting error messages. Apparently, the texts went through every time.

Matt was kind enough to meet me at the Airport. We then made it to Downtown Vancouver and grabbed some breakfast at Cafe Luxy. It was rainy on the way to Downtown, but eventually cleared up, thankfully.

He gave me a quick tour of Vancouver's Boys Town and then we walked on over to Stanley Park. Stanley Park is sooooo beautiful! We walked in the opposite direction of the fun and interesting stuff, mainly because Matt had no clue where he was going. ;)

After a few hours of walking, picture taking, and story sharing, Matt calls his friend so we can find out where the 'Totem Poles' are. Turns out there is a Free Trolly in the summer that takes you all over Stanley Park, including the Totem poles. I loved our tour guide, Bob. We then head over to Prospect Point, which super touristy during the daytime, but apparently a local make out session at night. Haha. I love when I'm given the inside scoop. There is also a fun bridge there called Lions Gate.

After Stanley Park, we went to Robson St. so Matt could get a Slurpee at 7-11. The 7-11's are fairly large and quite clean. After that, I headed to my Hostel to check in. It's actually quite nice to what I'm used to with respect to Hostels. Plus, the location can't be beat!

I'm gonna nap, eat, and the do some pride festivities later. :)

No comments: