Sunday, August 31, 2008

I lay in anticipation for my new netbook

A few weeks ago I bought a new computer on a whim. I rarely do that kind of stuff. I usually like to research before I buy. But I gave the red version of the Lenovo Ideapad S10 a chance because it was $429 and had an additional 15% discount (with a coupon applied). I wanted a new small notebook for cafe lounging and such. Well, and my 3+ year old notebook from college (HP Pavilion dv1000, if you must know) is gonna be mostly out the door when this puppy arrives. It's at the point where the battery doesn't work (so it has to be plugged in) and a few of the ports don't really work. Lol. I also plan on getting a mac when the new Macbooks come out. I'll finally pop my Apple cherry.

When I saw this hands on impression on laptopmag.com, I got more excited. Plus, it's apparently sold out! I'll probably add more ram once I get it, cause 512MB is pretty paltry. Although that's what my current notebook has.

Specs from what I can gather:
2.65 lbs
10.2 inch LED Screen
1.6 Ghz Intel Atom Processor
512 MB Ram
80 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP (suhweeeet.... no Vista B.S.)
Express Card slot
Bluetooth & Wifi
VGA, Ethernet, mic, and headphone and a 4-in-1 card reader
Integrated web cam and microphone.

No comments: