Monday, August 04, 2008

A Surprising Vancouver Pride Story [Updated]

Updated 8.10.08

Vancouver is probably one of the most liberal cities I've been to outside of San Francisco.

It was surprising to hear there was a fairly shocking incident at a local club/bar not too far from my hostel during Pride.

At this place called Majestic Nightclub and Lounge, in addition to Characters, a local greek restaurant, a man hit a hammer of 9 people's heads. Yes, a hammer...


We saw police tape at the place after we finished dinner at Moxie's Classic Grill down the street. There was also police tape across the street at the restaurant called Characters. My friend Matt heard that it was a hammer that was involved when his other friend told him. I didn't believe it.

However, I did a Google Search this morning to see if it was true, and it indeed was.

However, it doesn't compete with the crazy Head Decapitation incident on a Greyhound Bus that has made recent Canadian news. :/

1 comment:

The Hunky Gardener said...

It seems the crazy rage is overtaking us Canadians? I guess we are tired of being nice and we are pulling a 190! Did you see the Canadian fencer give the finger to the judges when she lost! I still love Canada though!