Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few interesting moments today...

  • I think I'm going to apply for a job in a different department in Q4, but I gotta make a case to my manager first. I had a thought about my comfort zone the other day and realized i need to shatter it again.
    • Pros:
      • Start-up environment I thrive on
      • Learning a new product
      • Doing something I know I'm good at
      • Different office
      • New people
    • Cons:
      • Commute to work
      • Starting from the ground up on a different team
      • Potentially sacrificing management path for a short term change
      • Not being at main campus, missing my friends
      • Potentially losing flexibility in my work/life balance 
  • Ty mentioned that his friend Josh was 'thinspired' by me. Josh is hella skinny now. It kinda made me teary inside. Ironically, I was inspired to lose weight by Josh To. What comes around goes around, no?
  • I made the faux pas of saying the word 'girl' in the locker room at the gym. (e.g. 'Heeeey gurl, How you doing?') The straight men definitely gave me the look of shame. 

No comments: