Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First Table Massage

So one of the perks at my work is the Massage Program. It's subsidized heavily. They give you a table massage when you start, as well as one on your birthday. My massage 'coupons' have been building up over the years as I got the guts to finally pursue setting one up for myself.

Before I left for Vancouver, my cubemate Elizabeth helped me set up a session on our calendar system. She recommended I go for the masseuse Angela. This was a few weeks ago and yesterday was the day I was finally going to let a stranger rub me all over my body. Lol.

It was 6pm and I head over to 1600 Plymouth. I walk up to the massage room and greet Angela. She asked me how I was doing. I said 'I'm nervous. It's my first time.' She was totally sweet trying to make me comfortable at every moment she could. She explained the process and what to expect during my hour with her. She then left the room.

I then had to undress. I decided to keep my underwear on, but next time, I'd probably be OK with taking it off. I guess I was just nervous about what to expect. Once you're ready, you press a button letting the masseuse you're ready.

She started off fairly slow and then started to massage me in long deep strokes. It was pretty amazing. I'm usually ticklish, but I didn't have a problem. The massage cream she used also smelled amazing. The room had fountains and relaxing music to help set a relaxing atmosphere.

After a bit of chit chat, I pretty much became silent for a while. I think Angela had a good balance of talk and silence. She moved from Texas about a year and a half ago and still has a house there. She moved to Noe Valley in the city. I'm totally jealous!

After about an hour I was totally in heaven. Angela let me know it was time. I got dressed and we chatted a bit more. She let me know a few areas I have some issues, but overall, my muscles were pretty relaxed. So much for me not liking strangers touch me all over my body. Bring it on!

No comments: