Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vancouver Vacay almost here

I'm pretty much done researching what I might potentially do while in Vancouver. I'll have my local buddy to help me, but I'm excited to travel again on my own.

I'll be staying at a hostel (HI Vancouver Downtown) on the West End near Davie St. It's their Gayborhood. I expect it to be bumping because it's Pride Weekend! Yay!

Here is what I came up with for ideas on what to do. I will try to wing it and be spontanous, but I'll be doing a few of these things below:

PLACES TO SEE
  • Stanley Park (especially the Sea Wall) for a quick jog or stroll. Possibly the Aquarium?
  • Lynn Canyon Park
  • Harbour Centre Tower: The Lookout
  • Granville Island (I'd like to check out the market and possible grab some grub?)
  • Vancouver Art Gallery
  • Dr. Sun Yat Sen Chinese Garden
  • Museum of Anthropology
PRIDE / NIGHTLIFE

** Trip Advisor gave me some good ideas.
  • Celebration of Light at English Bay (Saturday Finale Fireworks Show)
  • Odyssey Night Club (Saturday)
  • Pride Parade (Sunday)
  • Pride Festival at Sunset Beach (Sunday)
  • Celebrities (Sunday)
  • Numbers (Sunday)
  • 1181 - Looks like a cool 'stand and see pretty people' place. :)
SHOP

I'm still looking for Good Eats and Cafe's to chill at. :)

No comments: