Monday, April 16, 2007

Random Bits from this Week

RESTAURANTS & FOOD
  • On Tuesday, I went out to dinner with Kenny at Santana Row. We ended up eating at Maggiano's Little Italy. That's the first time I've been there... even though most of my LA friends rave about it. I had a great time. We watched the multiple baseball games at the bar and just talked. We got some wine, salad and massive amounts of pasta.
  • On Friday, I tried a burger at The Counter. It's Oprah's favorite burger... so it must be good. There are two locations currently open... and more on the way. The original location is in Santa Monica. There is another location near me in Palo Alto, near Stanford University. There will be a location in Sunnyvale in 2008, according to their website. It's basically took what Coldstone did for Ice Cream and applied it to burgers... except it's chic and contemporary. I loved it. The staff is awesome and you can get wine, beer and mixed cocktails. I ended up getting a 1/3lb Turkey Burger with yummy toppings and a version of the 50/50 (1/2 Regular Fries and 1/2 Sweet Potato Fries). Yes, it's yuppie... but I like yuppie sometimes. The place ain't cheap, but it's worth it to treat yourself or your friends and not worry about the cooking.
ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC & TV
  • I watched the whole 8th season of America's Next Top Model on MTV on Saturday. I've never watched that show before. I was sucked in while lounging around on Saturday.
  • While watching loads of trashy TV on MTV, I found out that there will be a new series starting this week called 'Living Lahaina.' Lahaina is this cool part of Maui, Hawaii. So, I'm sure it will be scandalous, laid back, fun.
  • A little whole was created in my heart now that Top Design has finished its run on Bravo.
  • I was happy to find out that Fox is releasing the whole series of Kitchen Confidential on DVD in May. I really loved that series and was sad to see it go only after a few episodes.
  • I really like the local television in the Bay Area. My favorite series' are Bay Area Backroads, Check Please! Bay Area, and In Wine Country.
  • It looks like LA's 102.7 KIIS-FM's yearly Wango Tango concert event line-up took a nose-dive.
LIFE
  • It looks like I'll be heading down to LA two weeks from now to go to a couple of my High School friend's wedding. Becky & Jose will be getting married on a Yacht in Newport Beach, CA. I remember when Jose was afraid to ask Becky to Prom. Haha... those were the days. Now they also have a cute baby boy, Isaiah. I can't wait! Now I just have to figure out how I'm getting down there because it's on a Sunday Night. Damn... I can't believe how time flies...

No comments: