Sunday, April 15, 2007

Katie's Birthday at Dragon Bar SF

So my co-worker Katie (who now works in a different department *le sigh*) decided to have her birthday party at Dragon Bar in SF's North Beach district. I really don't like going out to North Beach.

For some reason, I had a really good night. It wasn't gay clubbing... but I was just with people I like and having no worries. First off, there was no traffic. Second, I got STREET parking near the club... which is unheard of. It was only a block away... so the parking gods were with me. Third, there was no $15-ish cover because I got there before 10:30 and was on the guest list. Fourth, I got to see Mo, who came in all the way from Ann Arbor, Michigan. Fifth, I got to dance and make fun of straight people with my co-workers. Haha. It was all in good fun. Katie was looking fab too.

I've been to Dragon Bar two times before. It usually gets packed really quickly. I noticed it's one of the few clubs in SF with air conditioning, so it never feels super icky like the rest of the bars do. The music was random, but fun. Justin Timberlake at one moment, with the beats of Tupac and Kris Kross randomly thrown in. I didn't drink, because I had to drive.

There is always a group of bridesmaids or some huge party going on. I always forget how much more conservative straight people are at clubs in comparison to gay guys. I only observed two couple make out. Not too shabby. Plus, no one was shirtless!

When I left the club, I somehow ended up in this motorcycle too-fast-too-furious moment at 2am. It was near the Metreon in Downtown and there were hoards of rebellious teens pounding on cars. My window was only tapped, so I felt I got out lucky. Haha. I'm glad I got away safe.

Katie's Bday at Dragon Bar 1
Group Picture: Albert, Ziv, Mo, Katie, Me & Marci

Katie's Bday at Dragon Bar 2
Excited!

Transamerica Building in the Twilight
Because I like randomness... The Transamerica Building at Twilight

No comments: