Friday, April 27, 2007

A Nice Thursday: From LA to the Bay

IN THE BAY

I had lunch with the President of GLAAD, Neil Giuliano, along with some of the other Gayglers. We talked about what is on their agenda for 2007/2008. It was nice. I guess they're focusing on Gays in Sports and Progressive Thinkers in Religion (rather than those representing the far right).

Nai drove me to SJC Airport. We were really pushing it. I figured since my flight was at 7:40, I could grab some dinner at Google. We grabbed some food and jetted around 6:40. We arrived just shy of 7pm. I had to check in a bag, so i was praying that the lines would be short. They were and I flew by... so that made me happy :)

IN LA

I arrived in Los Angeles... err Burbank... yesterday night. Somehow my flight arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled. So it was a super quick flight from San Jose. About 50 minutes.

My parents picked me up. It's good too see them. I came home to a new bed and a kitchen with new appliances. Little changes here and there.

I went out to West Hollywood and met some friends at the Abbey. We ended up staying in the parking lot for like ever waiting for random people to show up. I didn't drink but I still had a good time. I tried to meet up with Kenny while he's in LA, but it didn't work out. He surprised me in a good way, letting me know that he's coming back to San Jose for a project. After he left so abrubtly last week, my heart sank.

This one white guy from Seattle with his friend that was a girl (from SF) came and chatted with me for a second. The girl was from LA and now lives in SF. So we're in the same boat. The dude was like, "I wanna move to SF. I'm in the job process for this really cool job. It's at Google." I'm like... "I Work there. I just flew down like an hour a ago." How random?

There was a bit of Drama with a bartender who was treating my friends like shit, but all is resolved. We then go to a different part of the bar to get away from the Drama. They ended up getting a bunch of free shots.

While there, I noticed I was surrounded on all sides by several people from the cast of
Work Out (as seen on Bravo). First off, I love that show. I was sad to see Jackie hanging out with her ex Mimi that she broke up with like a billion times. They were all very glamourous... so LA. I smiled at Jackie. She smiled back. Yay! I think she was pretty buzzed, but who cares. :P

No comments: