Thursday, July 05, 2007

Transformers: The Movie

I wasn't planning on seeing Transformers, let alone on opening night.

On Monday, I found out that the good 'ol GOOG got some tix for employees at the AMC Mercado in Santa Clara. Nai and I were lucky enough to snag a couple. We saw the 6:45 showing on Tuesday.

It was quite long for a summer flick. Running at ~2:15 mins, it most def could have been cut down a bit. But overall, this was a good film. Actually, I was going in with low expectations and was caught off guard. The humor in the movie was fantastic. It was a nice blend of Steven Spielberg's humor and Michael Bay's action.

I remember having some Transformers toys as a kid. I had a toy that transformed into a radio. That was pretty cool.

From a marketing standpoint, I was pretty astonished the number of product placements in the film. Off hand I could remember: Chevy, GM, Burger King, Apple, Mountain Dew, Ebay, Yahoo, Xbox, Nokia, and Panasonic. I notice these things... because, well I studied this in college.

No comments: