Monday, July 09, 2007

Two Weekends of Fun

Since I forgot to post an entry about my adventures last weekend, I thought I'd give my journal a double decker of an entry.

Last Weekend (5.29.2007 to 6.1.2007):
  • On Friday, I went with Nai to Downtown Palo Alto for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We failed to remember the release of the iPhone. Thus it took a good 30 minutes to go 1/2 a mile on University Avenue because of crazy Apple fans causing a commotion at the Palo Alto Apple store. Crazy amounts of press were there too. I fail to remember that I live in the Silicon Valley... the heart of world of Technology.
  • On Saturday, I had a chill day. Yes!
  • On Sunday, I had a fabulous day. It started out by carpooling to the Millbrae BART station. This was my first BART trip to SF. It was quite pleasant. The end goal was getting to Dolores Park for Steph K.'s Birthday Picnic. Good food, wonderful friends, and pleasant views make for a fun afternoon in the park. We walked around, boy-scouted, played with dogs, listened to the Energy 92.7 DJ play music in the park, hula-hooped and lounged around. You can view pics here.
  • After Dolores Park, I went to the final showing of Norm's show, Boylesque. It's not totally as scandalous as you think it might be. It was totally fun and a nice diversion in the early evening. After that, I went with a group of his buddies for dinner at Thanh Tam 2, a Vietnamese place in the Mission. It was really tasty food. We stayed away from the Pho and got other dishes. After that, Norm, Ninad, Aisha, Tu and I went to do a little dancin' at Badlands in the Castro. A few pics can be found here.

This Weekend (6.6.2007 to 6.8.2007):
  • Friday evening I ate dinner at Tomatina with Elizabeth, Lauren, Steph & Becca. Afterward, we saw Ratatouille. That was a super cute film. It made me want to go to Paris and learn how to be a chef. Haha. It actually reminded me of very early Disney cartoons. It was modern, but not in that annoyingly CGI way.
  • Saturday afternoon I met up with Norm and had lunch in Downtown Palo Alto. He was choreographing a show in San Jose, so he passed by my neck of the woods when traveling back up to Pacifica/SF. We went to Pluto's, my good ol' standby. After finishing our food, we went to the bathroom... you know, the type where only one person can enter at a time. So the Men's restroom was occupied and out comes a woman. Norm shouts, 'You don't have a Penis!' That made me chuckle. We strolled around town a bit and got some frozen yogurt at Fraiche. It's nice spending time with him.
  • Sunday was all recovery! Working out, grocery shopping, and laundry too. I talked to Kenny for a few minutes. He was flying off to Dallas this week for work. We'll meet up next week for dinner.

No comments: