Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fraiche Yogurt (Palo Alto) Review

My Review (As Seen on Yelp.com)

I'm from Southern California (don't hate) and am all too familiar with the 'Tart Fro-Yo' craze. This isn't your 80's Penguins Fro-Yo people. It's fresh (hehe!) simple yogurt with actual fruit toppings. I've been to Pinkberry and Barenaked Yogurt in So Cal. They're both good and much more tart than Fraiche Yogurt. I'm also familiar with the war going on with the original Korean Red Mango. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I know who will win the 2007 Fro Yo War... and that's Fraiche Yogurt in Palo Alto, CA. George Bush should devote troops to this war because it's gonna get C-R-A-Z-Y.

Push aside the soccer moms screaming 'It only has @% calories!' and the yuppies in those designer jeans. Order yourself a regular cup with two fresh fruits of your choice. It's a nice size and make you feel oh so Fraiche and so clean afterward. You could even be adventurous and go for the soy or chocolate versions.

It's true, it's a bit pricey. Even more so than the powdered stuff in So Cal. But since it's organic and made fresh on-site, I'll forgive 'em.

The first time I went was when Apple released their iPhone. I think one day the lines will be just as crazy because it's THAT yummy. I predict security will be outside soon guarding the doors...

I just got back from my second adventure there. It was just as tasty. If it were closer to Sunnyvale, I'd go daily. I'll have to settle for two times a week. Boo ya!

Bonus: The interior is very Zen. Nice brown leather booths, fun pillows, and an eye poppin' curvy white wall.

Minus: No option for pineapple as a topping. :/

Pictures can be seen on my Picasa Web Album below:

Fraiche Yogurt Palo Alto

After my second visit, I left a suggestion in the suggestion box near the entrance. I got a yelp.com message from one of the co-owners this afternoon:

Hi Will,
I just peeked in our suggestion box and got your message, and then saw your review on Yelp.
I just wanted to say thank you, and I'm glad you liked our yogurt and store so much!

Regards,
Jessica (co-owner, Fraiche)

No comments: