Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Fray Concert Aftermath


The Fray Shoreline Headliner
Originally uploaded by wkivinski.
The Fray concert on Saturday night was soooo fun. I only knew like 3 of their songs before going to the concert, but the test of true artists is the ability to make you like all of their material. I loved their music sooo much. It was amazing performed live. All 4 members have the ability to sing... which is rare for a group.

I ended up going with Steph K., Danny, Steph W., Theresa, Mahin and Hilary. We camped out in the lawn section. I was prepped with my blanket, jacket, bottle of water and contraband bottle cap. Why a bottle cap? Last time when I was seeing Gwen Stefani, you couldn't bring water with a cap on it. They took it away from you. Lol.

The lawn section is cool because you can just be silly, lounge, eat some munchies and lay down and watch the stars. We also dished about boys much of the time. I felt bad for Danny, but that's what happens when you go to a concert with a bunch of girls and a gay guy.

The demographics of the concert were a bit of a surprise. I was expecting it to be an 'adult contemporary' crowd (you know... 21ish to 40). To my surprise, the crowd was mostly comprised of teens. I felt like I needed to be going through puberty or something to get in. It also reminded me a lot of Orange County for some reason. I dunno, it was a mix of the venue, crowd and weather.

I wish I was holding a boy during some points of the concert. The music was just that beautiful. Steph W. and I gave each other hugs when we were both thinking the same thing (wishing we were with a sig ot.)

My favorite moment of the night was when The Fray did an acoustic cover of Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie.' It was pure genius. A great mix of humor and actual talent. I also liked when the lead singer brought up his daughter near the end of the show. That was super cute. Oh... Joe King (one of the guitar players) is a total hottie.

Pics for your pleasure
:

Charleston Park (MV) Shoreline Hills The Fray Concert - Daylight Group Shot On Stage Raver Danny

Lawn Chair Crew Lineup The Fray Group Shot 1 The Fray Group Shot 2

No comments: