Sunday, July 15, 2007

New Car Dreams

I don't think I'll be owning a new car anytime soon. But a boy can dream, right?

I think I want my next car to be fun, somewhat environmentally friendly, and have a crisp design. After driving Alex's VW Jetta 'Fluffy' a few months back, VW's became part of my car radar.

About a half year back, I saw the VW Eos. It's a compact retractable hardtop convertible. It's super cute, gets decent gas mileage, and most importantly -fun. I really like the way VW's drive. It's like just a notch below a BMW as far as ease of driving... but miles ahead of a Honda/Toyota. I currently drive a 2001 Honda Civic. I love it to death, but it's close to 100K miles. It needs to be retired in the next year or two.

The practical side of me says downgrade to something like a Honda Fit or a Toyota Yaris. The sliver of fun in my body says to gay it up and get a fun car. The Eos is kinda pricey for a small car (28K to 37K), but for an auto-retracting hard top convertible is a steal. This would also mean staying in the South Bay (or LA) is a must. Convertibles in SF are a no go. They don't dig fog.



More info on the Eos:
VWs Site
C|Net's Review
The Car Connection
Edmunds

No comments: