Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My First SF Pride (Kinda)




I participated quite heavily is this years 2007 San Francisco Pride festivities. The theme was 'Pride Not Prejudice.' I went to the Pink Party last year, but this is the first time I've been to San Francisco's Pride Parade. It was most def the highlight of the weekend.

FRIDAY (6.23.2007) :
  • Went to Dragon SF at Club Eight in SoMA. Met up with Nor Cal Friends and my So Cal Friends all in one venue. It was a bit strange seeing many familiar faces who would normally be at GAMeboi in Los Angeles. Pics can be viewed here.
SATURDAY (6.24.2007) :
  • Met up with Googlers (mostly AdWords Folks) for our Monthly Pub Crawl. We ended up going to Pilsner Inn in the Castro. I brought Nai along. Pics can be viewed here.
  • After the Pub Crawl, Nai and I headed over to the Pink Party in the heart of the Castro for Pride 2007. Before we went to the Pink Party, I stopped by the long line in front of The Cafe to say hello to Natalie and Deazell, a couple of my So-Cal friends. Sunday was Deazell's Birthday, so I wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday in Person. We then headed to the Pink Party to meet up with Ty and some of his friends. I also said made time to say hi to Norm and his buddies. Pics can be viewed here.
  • Since it was super cold, Nai and I decided to get some hot drinks at Quickly to warm our chilled bodies. We then got some Pizza at Nizario's. I had a bit of a slice of The Castro Special... which was delicious at 1am. We then went to Twin Peaks (AKA - The Glass Coffin) to get out of the Cold. It just so happens that a bunch of the Googlers from the Pub Crawl were here. Nai and I ended up talking to Adam for a while. We then took him home and proceeded to make our way to park near the Pride Parade route.
  • Yes... Nai and I slept in my car for a few hours. I had to wake up at 5:30 to help out with the Google Float.
SUNDAY (6.25.2007) :
  • I woke up early to volunteer to help out with the Google Float for SF Pride. Arrived at Pier 27 at 6am. Got Breakfast with Ty and Eddie at a nearby Starbucks. We then had a photo shoot on the Embarcadero.
  • George Takei, of Star Trek and Heroes fame, was the guest on our Gaygler Float. What a nice guy. So our Float had a Star Trek / Google Earth Theme. We had dancers, balloons, and loads of marchers. It was a bit nerdy, but all in good fun. It was one of the coolest things I've participated in. What other time do you get to run down Market St. in San Francisco to crowds of LGBT Friendly People? Oh and when I met George Takei, I gave him a huge hug instead of a handshake. He was a trooper. Pics can be viewed here.
  • We then headed to the Civic Center Festivities. Good Food, Fun Times, and Loads of Sunshine and cute people. Pics can be viewed here.
  • Thanks to Nai for being such a trooper Pride weekend. I wouldn't have had nearly as good of a time without him. He got no sleep and didn't bitch at me while getting sleep in my tiny car.

No comments: