Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Weight Loss Update

Last week I was 3 pounds away from my initial weight loss goal. I lived 22 years being huge and couldn't take it anymore.

Quite honestly, I don't believe I've came this far. There were several experiences that inspired me and/or made me think about life differently:
  • Jack's Mom whispering in my ear about her wanting to see me lose weight.
  • Not being able to ride something at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk in 2006 with Danny.
  • Josh T. starting to go to the gym and drop the pounds. He inspired my initial start.
Although these are the three main things, Nai has kept by my side and pushed me hard. We've been through a lot together and I would not have had another human on this earth help me through this other than him.

So I'm here to officially announce numbers. I started working out around July 2006. It's been about 11 or so months since I first started on my weight loss track. Here goes it...

Initial Weight | ~300 lbs.

Initial Weight Loss Goal | 100 lbs.

Initial Target Weight | 200 lbs

Weight Today | 198 lbs

My Next Goal | 180 lbs

So, I've met my target weight in less than a year... the hard way. No pills, no surgery. Purely discipline, exercise and eating better.

Quite honestly, I hit a rut around 210 lbs. It took me a long time to get from 210 to 200. But here's to the future. Wish Me Luck!

1 comment:

Philip. said...

Well done!

I'm trying to loose 42 pounds.

It's bloody hard, isn't it!

Philip
www.disabled-help.org