Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend 2007

FRIDAY
  • Kinda last minute decision to go to Gay Day at Paramount's Great America in Santa Clara, CA. Bill texted me at 7am and asked me if I wanted to go. I'm glad I did!
  • I ran into a TON of people at PGA. First off, a ton of Googlers and other friends. Evan, Doug, Brian, Heather, etc.
  • Second... someone from HIGH SCHOOL! Ah. It was a bit weird considering I didn't go to high school in this area. So, as it turns out, Kyle, who looks totally different then what I remembered came up to me. He was like 'Is your name William?' I was a bit confused. No one ever calls me by my formal name. He's like, 'We went to High School together.' He proceeded to whip out his Drivers License. I remember his name and he totally didn't look the same because he lost a lot of weight. Which is why I'm surprised he recognized me too because I don't really look the same either. He's like 'I never forget faces.' As it turns out he lives in Cupertino and works in Santa Clara. So we'll probably get coffee or something one of these days.


Doug, Bill, Me & Stavros
Notice the Hair Color goes from Lighter to Darker when you look left to right. Haha... random.

SATURDAY
  • Went to San Francisco and explored the city randomly. Shopped and got some grub at SF Centre.
  • Proceeded to drive randomly around the city. I saw one of my former co-workers on the street while in my car. I waived at Evan M. when he was on some random street in the Marina. He waived back. Haha.
  • Chilled at Peet's Coffee on Market St. in the Castro. I got some tea and read some magazines. It was so nice to just relax and people watch.
  • Met up with Simon for some dinner at Fuzio's on Castro. We then grabbed a couple of drinks at The Mix. I've been to the Mix and Fuzio's once before. I like both places a lot. The Mix was just a great place to get a drink and have a convo. The music isn't too loud and people are just super friendly.
  • I ran into some co-workers, Ben & Marl, while walking back to my car after getting drinks at the Mix. I guess Ben lives nearby... probably in the Mission.
SUNDAY
  • I trekked back to San Francisco. Ya... that's super rare. I actually wanted to shop and buy some new clothes in Union Square. I ended up buying stuff at Macy's Men, H&M and Armani Exchange. I wanted to get stuff at Express but they didn't really have anything good. I was happy to see Ben Sherman will be opening a store in Union Square that should be opening soon. It was Friends and Family weekend at H&M so I ended up saving 25%... yay!
  • I ran into my old co-worker Melissa on the street while walking to my car. That was such a great surprise. Turns out she was calling my name for several seconds, but I was listening to my iPod really loudly. I took her back to her place instead of her having to take the bus. It gave us a good amount of time to get a nice convo in.
  • Met up with Bill to hit some clubs at night. We though about going to Fresh @ Ruby Skye, but I'm not a fan of circuit stuff or the druggie scene. We decided to instead try someplace neither of us had been to. We went to Ntouch, off Polk Street. There wasn't a huge crowd, but It was Sunday. I really liked the music and the bartender was super cute. We stayed probably longer than we would have because we meet some nice folks named Shaun and Chia. We ended up going to the Castro around 12am. We hit up The BOC and Badlands. I saw Simeon, who I know from LA, outside Badlands. It's nice to see familiar faces. We left Badlands around 2am and stayed outside for a while to mingle. I then took everyone home. It was a fun night!

No comments: