Sunday, May 06, 2007

Cinco De Mayo: From Being Productive To Being Attacked

Yesterday was productive and fun. The first half of the day involved working out, doing laundry, and getting my hair cut. I also tried to catch up on some TV.

At night, I met up with Alex in the city. We haven't had a hang out session in a while now that he moved to SF. Earlier in the day, he went on some drunken Cinco De Mayo scavenger hunt that was intense. He was pretty tired, but he was still willing to grab dinner and go to a bar. I know how tired he was, so thanks!

I picked him up at his Pacific Heights apt, we drove to the Castro and got dinner at Fuzio: Universal Pasta. At first I was trying to figure out why the place looked familiar on the outside. It was because there was one near the UCDC center in Washington DC in Dupont Circle. (Although I hear it's closed now) It's a tiny chain, with fewer than 10 locations. I ended up getting the Classic Chicken Parmesan and a Blackberry Cosmo. The food was cheap and good. Although the drink was nearly as costly as my entree. It was a nice twist on a Cosmo though. I liked how the entree came with a bit of pasta and some spinach. Nice touch.

After Dinner, Alex and I went to the Cafe. The people who go are kinda sketch. The music was okay. I mean we've been before, but Alex didn't want to go to Badlands because he was tired. I think we should have went to The Bar instead. While there, there was the Jose Cuervo promoter who gave Alex and I sweatbands. He also gave me a free shot of something. I think it was something peach flavored with Cuervo. Not bad. After the Cafe, Alex decided to leave at midnight because he was uber tired.

I decided to stay a bit longer and head to Badlands. I haven't been in a while. The line was super long, but It didn't take all that long to get in. The music was really good. I had a pretty good time just releasing energy. Interestingly enough, I ran into JESSE from WORKOUT on Bravo. I saw him last Thursday in LA at the Abbey. It felt like a bit of LA right in San Francisco.

The weird moment of the night
: A guy at Badlands attacked me from behind during 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston. He would not let go of me. I tried escaping several times. I decided to just dance with him and bounce right after the song. He slow danced like in High School... putting his head on my shoulders. He tried to get fresh with me and I totally wasn't having it. That was my cue to leave Badlands. Haha.

No comments: