Friday, May 04, 2007

Los Angeles: The April Trip Recap

As most of you know, I ended up going to LA last week (April 26th - 30th) for a little R&R. I visited a wide variety of friends and spent some time with family too. Here's the re-cap:

Thursday:
  • San Jose to Burbank flight. Picked up by the parentals.
  • Called Kenny. He let me know that he's got another project in San Jose.
  • I went to the Abbey and met Sherif, Kristisha, Nima and Said.
Friday:
  • Lunch with Jonathan at Westfield Topanga. Ate at Boloco and got fro yo at Barenaked Yogurt.
  • Ran on the treadmill.
  • Visited my Dad at Century City Doctor's Hospital.
  • Dinner at Koo Koo Roo in West Hollywood. This location felt much different than the others i've been too. It felt like a Whole Foods, which is nice for a fast casual place.
  • Dancing at Gameboi at Rage in West Hollywood. I ran into Ritchie on the street, so we ended up hanging out for a bit. I ended up meeting his buddy Travis. I also met some of my friends, but most of them were plastered. We ran into Ted Allen from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Who knew he liked young Asian guys?
Me, Jonathan & Sherif Leila, Kristisha & Me Leila, Sherif & Kristisha
  • Briefly made an appearance at The Abbey. Saw former MTV VJ Ananda Lewis with her gay black posse. Interesting.
Saturday:
  • Shopping at H&M at the Westfield in Santa Anita.
  • Hot Pot / Shabu Shabu Dinner with Seymour, Ritchie & Travis in Alhambra.
Alhambra Hot Pot
  • Peter's Birthday Party in San Gabriel. We played Hold 'em and watched Jackass 2. Nothing like a night out with straight boys. :)
  • Went to the Abbey again. Can't go enough, really. Love the music and vibe.
Sunday:
  • Shopping at the Northridge Fashion Center for clothes for Becky & Jose's Wedding.
  • Met up with Dan, Peter & Cindy at 3rd Street in Santa Monica. We had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express.
  • Showed Dan, Peter and Cindy around the Santa Monica Google office. I'm kinda jealous of their new Video Game station. It's slick. Peter wanted to cry from joy afterwards. Props to Dan for helping tie my tie!
Santa Monica Google Office Group Shot
  • Made my way to Newport Beach to Becky & Jose's Wedding. It was on a cruise boat. I cried. I took lots of pictures too!
Jose & Becky Dancing Up A Storm
  • Made my way back to Los Angeles to meet Sherif at Privilege in Hollywood. It's their gay night apparently. Quite possible the most pretentious club I've been to. It's very LA. They have a velvet rope and everything. It's like a cross between a tent and a portable building. Not quite sure how that's glam. I had a good time nonetheless. I just hated $10 cover and $10 parking on a SUNDAY. That blew. It must be a bitch to clean up because everything is White.
Monday:
  • Ran on the treadmill.
  • Watched trashy daytime television. Wow... it's been a long time.
  • Didn't really do much. Had a turkey burger at Fatburger. Yum.
  • Got my mom's car washed.
  • Ended my time in LA by driving around the Valley. Topped it off with Fro Yo from Pinkberry from the Studio City Location. Strawberry, Mango & Pineapple, oh my! Delicious!
Pinkberry FroYo

No comments: