Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Wii Blink: Download Me!

The Nintendo Wii is really cool. That's why people are still fighting for it at your local big box retailer.

I just downloaded two channels, the News Channel & The Internet Channel. The console is smart enough to 'blink' at me when there are cool updates. That's how I know to download something. I walk home and my Wii is blinking. We have a good relationship like that.

THE NEWS CHANNEL

What a brilliant innovation this is. You can read the news in two different ways. By Section, like Sports or Business, or by scanning the maps of the globe. Hover over London and you'll see news stories taking place in London. Very Very Cool. I think I'll be reading more news from my couch.

THE INTERNET CHANNEL

Surfing the internet with a on-screen keyboard is not the best, however, bringing the internet to my TV is pretty cool. I mean, reading email on my screen isn't interesting... watching YouTube videos are, however. Watching online media on my TV should scare a few companies... namely Cable companies.

No comments: