Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thai Fusion & Gelato

I had a pretty tough workout with Nai tonight. I wasn't on my game. Oh wells, It's been a long week.

After working out and laundry at Google, I met up with Alex for Dinner.

We went to Castro St. in Downtown Mountain View to try one of the new places that popped up (and there are plenty). This time was '3 - TA.'

It's a Thai-French fusion (although it's called 'New World Fusion' on the outside) restaurant. I have to agree with most of the yelp-ers... the service was a bit un-even. Not sure why our Jasmine rice came out 7 minutes after our entree. The presentation was nice though. Alex and I both got the same entree. It was a Mango Chicken dish... grilled chicken, mango, snap peas, etc. The entree was a bit cold. The decor of the place was really nice. The bar area was also cool. The staff felt a little pushy but I'm sure this will all be worked out... since it's a new restaurant and all. For the prices, I would only go if I was in the mood. The superior 'real thai' restaurant next door, Amarin, is more of a place I would crave more.

Maybe we'll just go for drinks next time. Those were cheap.

After, I went to get a small portion of Gelato at Gelato Classico. I love that place. It's always such a treat. I got half Rum Raisin and half White Chocolate Decadanza. Yummy.

No comments: