Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Day In Music: An Idol & A Legend

An Idol

Before work, I went to Target to pick up Katharine McPhee's new self-titled album. I listened to it last week on Vh1.com. I really liked my first listen. There are some VERY solid tracks on this album. I'm impressed. Her album is ready for my car, the clubs, and a concert. Check out her new single, 'Over It.' I also really like 'Open Toes' and 'Dangerous.'


A Legend

John Legend stopped by Google for a stunning impromptu performance. He played the piano and sang his heart out. He made it really intimate and answered a lot of questions. It reminded me of those performances on Vh1 Storytellers back in the day.

I really want to go get his new album that came out in October. A Googler, by the name of Brian, was ballsy enough to ask for a duet for 'Ordinary People.' John was game and they both belted out to their hearts content. Brian performed the song at Google Idol during our Summer Picnic. So he thought since John was playing that he would sing a duet. It was brilliant. I hope someone recorded it and puts it on YouTube.

From John Legend a...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kat's album is a piece of crap. She dissapointed me. I expected better. She's no Christina or Beyonce, that's for sure. Maybe the next one will be better, but this one I will not buy.