Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mobilization

I'd just like to remember that I've never seen a group like the supporters of No-On-8 in California mobilize so quickly in my life.

The number of emails, phone calls, fundraisers, volunteering events, and parties are astonishing. From West Hollywood to San Francisco, I've seen No On 8 out in force.

I'm proud to see action happen so quickly. I wish I could personally do more beyond donate for the time being.

I personally think it's important to spread the No On 8 message beyond your circle of friends. One should now be sending messages to family, allies, straight friends, etc. More importantly, encourage everyone to vote (and register!) if they haven't done so. Poll numbers mean nothing unless people are voting.

I'm looking forward to the Nov. showdown. Let's hope that the incredible mobilization (shall I say the Jedi Knights) defeats supporters of Prop 8 (let's just call 'em the Dark Side of the Force.)

No comments: