Sunday, October 26, 2008

Keepin' It Off

So I've had time to reflect as of late. Vacation on Maui was a good start. I began to think about my Weight Loss a bit more. I basically haven't really changed all that much physically in the past year/year and a half. So if you first met me within the past year, then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Overall, I'm happier with my weight than I've ever been. I've been a few pounds skinnier, but not by that much. I've kept off my 100+ lb. weightloss for over a year! That's really the most difficult part to be honest. When you're losing a massive amount of weight, you definiely hit road blocks and mental insanity at some point. But keeping off weight if definitely a bit more challenging. You play mental games with your head. Like, for example, you may think 'Oh hey... I'm skinnier, I can have that cupcake.' Well, that turns into a slippery slope. So really, it's good to put things into perspective.

Keep in mind your goals and stick with them. If you have bad days, brush them off and start fresh. Don't get discouraged, especially if you happen to gain a few pounds. Just remember where you came from and how far you've gotten. It's definitely not worth travelling back in time, now is it?

2 comments:

Empress KT said...

I'm proud of you for keeping it off. I was doing such a good job, and then I just got stuck. :(

*sigh*

Will K. said...

Thanks Kathy. I'm 100% confident you can do it! I think there are way too many things that distract us but when it comes down to it, once you realize you're doing it for you... and no one else, everything just clicks. You'll hit lows... and they suck. But it's also what makes you stronger!