Sunday, September 21, 2008

A surprising drunk call

I was chilling with Howie at his cousins (Kathleen and My Le) place in San Francisco when I got a series of phone calls from my sister.

I didn't pick up originally because I'm not a fan of talking to people in front of others. After the fourth or fifth call, I decided to pick up.

The conversation went something like this:

[picks up phone - drunk sister starts talking]
Sister: Hiiiii. What the fuck? I've been calling you.
Me: I know. I didn't pick up earlier. You got me now. What's up? Are you Drunk?
Sister: Yes. Two Things. Number 1... Shoot me an email with what you want for your birthday.
Me: Okay. Will do.
Sister: Number 2... I'm with Chris. You know how I told you I would never go to a gay bar? So he's totally cool with gay guys. [Chris' voice faint in the background: 'Ya. They're cool.'] I decided I'm going to go with you. Mom told me you're coming home soon. We're going. He's [Chris] going to be my buffer just in case anything happens.
Me: Wow. Okay...
Sister: What's that place you told me is cool?
Me: The Abbey.
Sister: We can go there. Or this gay bar in Ventura County. Paddy's.
Me: Why would I go to Ventura County? Let's go to the Abbey.
Sister: Ok. I have Halloween at Six Flags on that Friday. Saturday we're going out.
Me: Okay. Sounds good. See you later.

That was sorta random. But I'm actually really happy my sister made the effort to (1) Call Me and (2) Offer to be taken out of her comfort zone.

I never really thought I'd see the day when I'd go out with my sister to a gay bar...

Now I'm nervous...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i didnt use the word buffer! hahahahaah.