Thursday, September 18, 2008

Laura's Goodbye

There are a few people I've truly admired working with at Google. Laura Johnston is one of them. She's been a true mentor and advice-giver for those of us in AdWords. I've had the pleasure of working with her on a few key projects.

Today was her last day at the company before she moves on to a new adventure. She wanted to be closer to her family in Texas. She commuted to California on a weekly basis during the week. Hell, I don't know how she did it!

During the all hands meeting, she gave a memorable speech. Key points revolved around:
  • Gratefulness
  • Perspective
  • Abundance
  • The Boll Weevil
  • An Irish Wake
She treated her leave as a celebration. It was pretty awesome. She's known for her crafting skills and thus left the team some crafting supplies in the wake of her absence. I mean, who else gets to craft at work?

They also got everyone some cupcakes from Sibby's Cupcakes. I stayed a good boy and didn't eat one. Go me. I'm sure they were fab.

Laura & Will
 
Custom 'L' Cupcakes from Sibby's

1 comment:

Turtlelove 181 said...

How could you resist? They look yummy!!!