Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Putting my advice into practice

I enjoy giving advice and a fresh perspective to friends. It's even better when you follow your own advice, though!

I usually preach to people to break out of their comfort zone when they feel things are getting *too* comfy. I find I thrive when I'm taking out of my comfort zone. In this case, I'm talking about applying for a different job. Even if you don't get it, you put yourself out there, made yourself vulnerable and will ultimately learn something from your experience.

I decided to take the plunge and apply for a different position within Google. I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll talk about it after all of my interviews are done. All I can say is that I'm excited and I'll be happy either way. I'm just glad I got to be taken out of my comfort zone again.

No comments: