Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Big Two-Five

The older I get the more I realize how un-important physical possessions are. My family keeps asking me what I want for my 25th birthday, which is coming up on Tuesday. To be quite honest, the only thing I really crave are time and memories.

I crave time because I'm starting to realize I want more free time to pursue interests I'm really passion about, in addition to discovering ones I'm unaware of.

I crave memories because I really want to spend more time with my good friends and family. I've realized the smallest things make awesome memories. From working out with my buddy to spending more time with a loved one at home, they all stick in my memory more than a physical possession. I will remember 'red shorts' (a gym reference) moreso than that last DVD I bought. Although physical possessions can create memories, they only happen when loved ones are around.

I'd rather have awesome photos with loved ones than a new car.

I think once you realize this, you've truly grown up.

No comments: