Sunday, September 07, 2008

How do you crack someone who's shy?

There's always been something intriguing about shy guys to me. I'm a very shy guy in social settings, especially around people I don't know.

But what happens when you are interested in a shy guy? How do you crack them open? How can you get them to reveal themselves? Is it possible to do without it being awkward? Or is it the awkwardness that's the key?

How is this even possible when you're shy yourself? Ugh.

I ask myself these questions because I've been intrigued by someone for quite a while. We've mainly hung out with each other in group settings, which has been fun. It's easy to gauge someone's personality that way. But 1:1, we're both kinda shy. I know there's something there that I really like about him. It has nothing to do with the way he looks on the outside --- it's all about the inside.

The problem also lies that I'm intimidated by what I see on the outside. Many people would put him in the 'hot' category. But that's not why I'm interested in him.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Empress KT said...

Let me know if you ever figure it out, Will. I've been trying to for half of my life. :)

Will K. said...

Haha. I'm so glad someone can relate! If I ever crack the code, I'll let ya know. :)