Thursday, March 01, 2007

Work Limbo

So work is going well. I just don't know what I want to do next. People have been coming up to me as of late and saying "Where do you want to go? What do you want to do?"

I'm sort of in this limbo phase to where I can follow the crowd or diverge into a different path. When I tell people what I'm thinking of doing, they're like 'GO FOR IT... You should totally do that!' But then, at the same time, I've been told that I'd be a good fit for where I don't necessarily want to go.

I had a pow wow with Alex L., one of my old buddies from the temp days. He is such a good role model/advice-giver. He puts things into such a good perspective to where I can't do anything but eat up the advice he's given me. He's always looked out for me... even when he didn't have to. He was there when I was stressing out about converting into a full-hire and he's been there when I'm stressing about what I want to do next as far as career paths are concerned.

I guess it's such as life. I have a scheduled meeting with my manager tomorrow. I just hope it goes okay. We started the same day and we're pretty buddy buddy, but I hope we're on the same page...

No comments: