Thursday, March 01, 2007

Alex Is Movin' On Up

So one of my best Nor Cal friends is moving to San Francisco. Alex C. got an apartment and will soon be moving. I never thought I'd see that day so quickly. So much for our pilot TV show 'The Real Gays of the South Bay.' I guess it sorta caught me off guard initially, but it's what he's got to do. I really think this will make him happier. I just hope he doesn't start boozing on weeknights. Lol.

With that being said, I really do think this will change the dynamic of our friendship. He'll be 40 miles away. There will be fewer dinners, shopping excursions, and randomness. Most interestingly, I will no longer have a carpool buddy to go up to the Castro with. My drives up will be alone and somber :/

To tell you the truth, that has been some of the best quality time we've had together. It's like 40 minutes of un-interupted face to face time. On top of all of this, we haven't been on the same work team in quite some time. I guess I just feel that all of this put together will mean things just won't be the same. That makes me sad. :(

On the bright side, I MIGHT have a place to crash every once and a while. Although, Alex has emphasized that option being very unlikely to never. *Le Sigh*

No comments: