Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not Cell-Phone-Less anymore: The LG VX8600

So, after the crappy experience trying to get a police report from the SFPD, I just decided to buy a new phone outright. Even though I had phone insurance, I just decided it was too much of a hassle. So I think I'll cancel the $5/mo. insurance.

So what did I get? Well, let me tell you what I was considering. Verizon doesn't have a tremendous amount of good phones. I was pretty sick of the Chocolate. I mean, it looks nice but isn't all that functional. The keyboard is cramped and the touch keys are a bit annoying. Plus I never used it for music, which is its selling point.

Narrowed it down to
:
I wanted something with Bluetooth and nice menus. It's a plus if it looks good. After playing with all 3, I decided upon the LG VX8600.

My Reasoning
:
  • The phone is pretty.
  • The menus are slick (and fast!)
  • It has Bluetooth.
  • The screen is HUGE and bright.
  • I can use all of my previous chocolate accessories.
Although after looking at the upcoming phones on Phone Scoop, I really would like to get the LG VX9400. That phone looks HOT. I don't know when it will be coming out, but that's totally something I'd be interested in. :)

So far I'm pretty happy. I'll write an update later.

No comments: