Friday, March 23, 2007

Great Conversations Make The Difference

Today I had some great convos at work... mostly after 4pm.

At lunch I had some lunch with some of the newer hires. That was fun. We went to one of the newer cafe's called 5ive. Its name comes from the fact that all dishes have 5 or less ingredients. (not including sauces, cause that would be hard... lol)

Alex (not the gay one... lol) and I caught up with my old temp manager around 4pm. It was pretty cool to just talk about life... and some work. I've learned a lot from her, and Alex for that matter. We probably just spent like an hour in the micro-kitchen just chatting.

After that, I spend another like half an hour just chatting with Alex. I really like the guy. He surprises me ALL the time. First of all, you should know that he's a 'man's man' or a macho guy. He rides a motorcycle, has a tat, and participates in UFC type activities.

I told him how I appreciated that during one of our latest poker nights that he stuck up for the gays. All the guys were making gay jokes about the number of Roy's grooming products. Then all of a sudden Alex came out of nowhere, 'There's nothing wrong with being gay.' That's pretty bold when all the manliness and beer is flowing. I told him I appreciated that. He told me that he didn't even realize he said that. That made me all the more happy that he said that just instinctively. I don't think he realized how big a deal it was, but then we got into deeper talk about our past and such. He was really open with me, which I really appreciated. I let him know that it would be cool if he went to the Castro pub crawl tomorrow. He's like, 'Oh... I've been to gay clubs... so it won't be a big deal.' He told me that his 'gaydar sucked' and he didn't know I was gay until one of my old temp cubemates, Renee, brought it up. Then we randomly started to talk about fashion and jeans... and how he knows a great place to buy designer jeans at discounts. Haha... I never thought I'd see the day where I would shop with the BUTCH Alex....

No comments: