Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Inspiration over Google Chat: The Best Straightie Awards

I was talking with Jon Jon over IM and I was discussing "My Best Straightie." This is in reference to my best straight male friend (not that I need to make a distinction between the gay v. straight friends but I tend to.)

Then we randomly got sidetracked and discussing how we can create an award show for them. You know, those straight people in the lives of gays that deserve to be honored for just being awesome. Sticking by our side. Having the talks about romance even when they can't relate. You know the type. They're just awesome and we love them for it.

I totally think we should wrangle together a bunch of straight folks and surprise them. Honor them... for being them. Now I need to wrangle the gays to get on board.
Jon Jon: "Aaaaand, the Best Straightie for 2009 goes to.........."
Me: You know what would be cool. if we ACTUALLY did that and we had a ceremony
Jon Jon: totally. it could be so fabulous... like the emmy's and stuff
and then there'd be the whole best/worst dressed gossip after the ceremony
"Best Dressed Nominee John Doe should have just handed back his nomination for his awful awful combination of plaid and polkadots. Clearly the queen who nominated him didnt have a fashion bone in her body"
"....and back to you at the Red Carpet, Will..."
Me: yea. you've totally mapped this out in your head already. we'd make it fabulous. the straigties never get nods.

No comments: