Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is how we roll in Suburbia

So it's Friday night. What can you do in Suburbia? Movies... dinner... shopping... strolling...
KARAOKE!

A mess of co-workers and friends of co-workers headed out to dinner and asian-style karaoke. I didn't join in for dinner (A & J's at Cupertino Village) but I did Karaoke it up at Gamba in Cupertino.

Nai and I got there on time, a rare occurence. But no one else showed up until about 20 minutes later. In the complex where the karaoke place was, there happened to be some martial arts going on too. We were sitting in Nai's car (it was chilly outside) watching young kids do martial arts. I mean... two dudes, staring at kids, on a friday night... kinda creepy, no? Who cares. We were highly amused and loved the fact that the girls were totally kicking the little guys' butts. :P

Now let me tell you... this place is hella ghetto fabulous! I mean, the decor, signage, and technology is so old school that it's fabulous!

I went here back in December of 2006. I remember it being cooler with fancy 'bar scanning' technology. Alas, they downgraded all of their equipment, but that's okay! We made the most of it. (Damn Windows XP crashing a billion times...)

The night was chock full of Disney songs, Boy Band dancing (thanks Arneil!) and all of those guilty pleasures you won't admit loving but sing in the shower anyway.

Alastair was also kind enough to inform me that Yogurtland is open in Cupertino! I'm so excited! Bring on the 1lb full of random flavored yogurt! ;)

Photo Album:
Karaoke Night 2008 - Gamba Cupertino with Googlers

No comments: