Friday, May 02, 2008

Running outside

I feel rather accomplished today. For the past month or so, I've been taking some exercises at Google with my friend Nai.

We've tried:
Vinyasa Yoga
Bootcamp
Stepping (was a substitute class for Cardio Kickboxing because the instructor was out)
Cardio Kickboxing

Today's Bootcamp Class was pretty much an endurance run around the Google campus with loads of stretching and warm up/cool down. We ran around the Googleplex area twice (each lap around 1.6 miles) for about 3.2 miles. I've never run that far outside before and I felt pretty accomplished. We were given about a half an hour to run that far, so I felt pretty good. And it was nice to just be with nature for a bit.

Considering I have pretty crap knees, I'm surprised I lasted that long. And you know what else? I could have kept going...

I just wish I knew we were running so I would have brought my iPod!

No comments: