Monday, November 12, 2007

Yes, I'm Me

After A wonderful week, My Sunday evening turned into one of major bad luck.

I wanted to be productive, so I did laundry. Sounds good, right? Until I realized I left Chapstick in one of my pockets in the dryer. Dun Dun Dun... That means a whole grip of clothes now has petroleum stains all over it. *Le Sigh*

Okay, so that's kinda bad, considering I only brought a limited amount of clothing with me to Michigan.

I go to Meijer, the local 'we have everything, plus we're open 24 hours' store, to grab some laundry stain remover. I also realized I was low on gas, so I headed to a gas station I knew would be open.

I then see the flashing red and blue lights. Now I'm confused because I have no idea what I could have possibly done to deserve to get pulled over by the A2 coppers.

The officer approaches my car on a dark empty major street, and this is what happens:
Officer: Good Evening. Do you know why you're being pulled over?
Me: I have no idea.
Officer: Did you see that flashing red light back there?
Me: I don't recall.
Officer: Do you know what that means?
Me: I'm not from here. I haven't seen that very often where I'm from.
Officer: Where are you from?
Me: California. I'm not used to those in all honesty. I wasn't sure what to do.
Officer: Where are you staying?
Me: Near the mall.
Officer: Ah. Can I see your license and registration?
Me: I can try to find the paperwork, but this is a rental car.
[Hands over License and Registration]
Officer: Is this you?
Me: Ya. I lost about 115 pounds.
Officer: You look great!
Me: Thanks.
Officer: I'll be right back. I'm going over to my vehicle.
Me: *sighs* as he can see the officer writing the ticket in his rearview mirror.

So basically, I'm not all that bothered with it. I panicked at first... only because of insurance issues. Turns out you can't do traffic school in Michigan. The fine for 'not yielding for a flashing red light' is $130 and 3 points on your record for 2 years. It kinda blows. Now I know about flashing red and yellow lights and what you're supposed to do.

So the only real cool thing about the evening was the compliment about my weight loss. Yes, I'm Me...

1 comment:

letopho said...

Flash red lights.
They have those in Berkeley.

Is it supposed to save electricity?