Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Last Minute Trip to Toronto

I love to travel. I'm not very seasoned at it, however. I have NO international travel experience. Actually, I've never been abroad. That includes Canada and Mexico. I don't have a passport either. Sad, I know.

I was talking with John, my A2 ex pat extraordinare, and we were looking at our calendars for future travel while in A2. We both realized we have NO weekends left left to travel. None. We're both booked to the brim with other travel or personal plans. We both realized we did however have this weekend free. Ohio State is playing Michigan this weekend, so It's gonna be crazy in A2 anyhow. It's the biggest week of the year as far as college football is concerned.

I looked at Hotels, John looked at Travel options and we booked everything in about an hour. We somehow got some KILLER deals at the last minute for this weekend, Friday to Sunday.

We're driving to Windsor, ON, the closest part of Canada to Michigan. It's about half hour away, right across from Detroit. From there, we're gonna take the Canadian Train, ViaRail. The train takes about 4 hours to Toronto. We'll be arriving around 9:30pm. Just enough time to get to the hotel, change and hit the Nightlife. As it turns out, ViaRail has a 'youth' discount. It's 25% off for those who are between 18 and 25 years of age. Sweet! John missed out cause there wasn't a 'middle age' discount. Hehe. j/k

I booked a room at the SoHo Metropolitan in Downtown Toronto. It's right near the Harbor and in the middle of everything. We were able to score a good deal for about $125 CAD (133 US) a night. That's very good for a 4 star hotel in Toronto on the weekend, especially at the last minute.



We're not really sure what we'll be doing, but our Train leaves at 7:00pm on Sunday Night. We'll be back around Midnight. Yay! So if you have ANY tips or places to visit in Toronto, let me know. :)

I'm looking forward to a clean Metropolitan city! Yay!

No comments: