Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Mystery Maid

In Ann Arbor, I have a housekeeper who remained a mystery... up until this morning. I left a bit late for work, around 9:15am instead of 8:55am. I'm kinda glad I left late, only because I finally got to meet my housekeeper.

Every Thursday, she comes to The A2 Apartment de Kevin & Will and cleans up our non-mess. We usually only have a few dishes in the sink, some trash to throw out, and some linens to clean. I must admit, I love not having to clean my bathroom. That's the one thing I don't like doing and usually delay.

As I'm about to exit the shower, I hear a woman in the distance say, 'Housekeeping.' I started to freak out a bit. She said, 'Don't worry honey, I'll clean the front first.' Anyone who uses the word 'Honey' already wins me over.

After I get ready, I come out and almost leave... until something told me to strike up a convo. Once I did, we chatted for about 15 minutes. She's a 40-ish (but looks young) African American woman. I didn't catch her name, but I will next time. We talked about the single life and what she's experienced. She grew up in Chicago, recently lived in Vegas, and made the move to Ann Arbor. I asked if there was anything I should do because I'll be in Vegas for Thanksgiving. She's like 'Go to Crave... you know... they have a show that's really different. With transgender folks.'

That was so unexpected. We also chatted about Chicago, because I've been there the past two weekends. She made me laugh and we got along pretty well.

I think I might go to work late every Thursday just to talk with her.

The mystery was unraveled...

No comments: