Monday, July 31, 2006

Saturday: Golden Gate Park & Downtown Mtn. View

SATURDAY

Saturday started out by waking up kind of late. I woke up around 10 am. I chilled for a bit and then headed to the gym around 11:15 am with Nai. I used a new machine. It was a stair machine that is actually like stairs, not like a stairmaster. Seriously, 10 minutes on that thing KILLED me. My ass and legs hurt like a bitch. It tells you the equivalent of how many flights of stairs you walked up... it was over 30!

After the Gym, I showered and printed directions to Josh's Bday bash in Golden Gate Park in SF. Nai & I got to the city around 2pm, but didn't actually find the place in the park we were supposed to meet people at until 3pm. We drove around the park for over an hour. The park is so HUGE. It reminded me of Central Park in New York. I don't know why I've never been there before, but It's pretty cool. It's like a billion mini-parks and lakes within a huge park.

So we get to the area and run into another group of Googlers before the actual group we're supposed to meet. It was kinda weird. Haha. So I talked with Jane for a few and then headed to Josh's BBQ party. We just chilled in the park... but it was kinda chilly. It was Bright Blue Skies in the South Bay and WAY gloomy in SF. That's the upside of living in the Silicon Valley.

After the enjoyable time in SF's Golden Gate Park, we headed back to Google. I had to play around with my 401k stuff and sign-up for online access. I headed home around 8pm.

Around 10 pm, I went to go visit Mo and her new place off near Castro St. in Mountain View. The place is fab. We were joined by Steph, Danny, Kevin, and Vivian. She's renting a room in an amazing Townhouse (with A/C) right off Castro and Villa. It's right near Verde, that semi-fob Boba place. The Townhouse complex has beautiful fountains and everything. Uh, I'm so jealous. Plus it's closer to work than I am :/

Golden Gate Park 1 Golden Gate Park - BBQ
Golden Gate Park - BBQ 2 Golden Gate Park 2
Pics for your Pleasure from SF's Golden Gate Park

No comments: